Fintech Trend Watch 2019
There has been a sea change occurring in the financial sector over the last several years and this financial revolution is far from coming to an end. As fintech continues to change the game as we roll into 2019, here are five of the more relevant trends to keep a close eye on:
• Mobile banking’s convenience, accessibility and functionality.
• Blockchain Adoption – as it ensures accountability, via immutable audit trails, and efficiency, via the elimination of intermediary steps.
• IPOs vs Collaboration – And along with IPOs, expect to see more M&A deals and an increase in partnerships between corporates, fintech companies and third parties.
• Cloud & Quantum Computing – Cloud offers a way for banks to quickly develop new applications, add new online services and improve customer experience and quantum technology helps banks gain efficiency and speed up operations.
• Biometric Technology – the PIN number is becoming more obsolete as banks are turning to biometric authentication technology. Source.